bodyCushion, The Leader in Prenatal Massage Positioning Equipment
Items Purchased Individually:
- 4-Piece bodyCushion with breastProtector - $599.00
- bodyCushion Elevator - $259.00
- 4-Piece bodyCushion Cover Set with breastProtector - $77.00
- Total Value - $935.00
Prenatal Massage: When comfort is essential, provide relief for a late third term pregnancy
What's the most important aspect of prenatal massage? Comfort.
See what pregnancy massage professionals, among others say about the bodyCushion:
... My pregnant clients, in particular, appreciate the face-down position unique to this system throughout their entire pregnancies and postpartum. Many of the common discomforts associated with pregnancy – i.e., lower back pain, edema, abdominal pressure – are greatly alleviated by using the bodyCushion.
- Elaine Stillerman, LMT, - Elaine Stillerman, LMT, founder of MotherMassage®
...There was a time I would have told you to buy a few standard pillows for bolstering your clients. Then I learned from experience that the bodyCushion is the only way to simply and effectively position and provide comfort to your pregnant clients...
- Greg Fears, Director of the Humanities Center School of Massage, St. Petersburg, FL
...All of my clients, including acute back pain patients and pregnant women, marvel at how comfortable they feel on the bodyCushion.
- Laura Jarrell, LMT
The bodyCushion for Pregnancy is the most advanced prenatal orthopedic positioning device for professional massage therapy available anywhere in the world. It offers safe, restful relief throughout the pregnancy; which is exactly why expectant mothers are purchasing this set up for home use. Increased space for the pregnant uterus is provided by separating the bodyCushion Chest Support and Pelvic Support.
More than 30 years of pregnancy positioning experience led to the development of the bodyCushion Elevator. The combination of the bodyCushion and the Elevator accommodates the expectant mother in complete comfort throughout her pregnancy even in the late third term.
- Increased torso elevation and hip flexion
- Extended periods of relief, even all day, and overnight
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Optimizing hemodynamics (blood flow)
- Low back and pelvic pressure are alleviated
- Provides safe prenatal face-down positioning
- An effective solution for preeclampsia
- Aids in prone intubation
In addition to the numerous prenatal benefits when face down, the bodyCushion also provides side lying and reclining comfort for pregnancy and can serve to support when seated, as well.
Pregnancy massage professionals that advocate for prone positioning with the bodyCushion:
- Elaine Stillerman, LMT - founder of MotherMassage®
- Author of:
- The Encyclopedia of Bodywork
- MotherMassage: A Handbook For Relieving the Discomforts of Pregnancy
- Prenatal Massage: A Textbook of Pregnancy, Labor, and Postpartum Bodywork
- Modalities for Massage and Bodywork 2nd edition (2015)
- Rebecca Overson, LMT, Biz Mentor for Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers
- Founder & Director of Salt Lake Prenatal Massage (2009-2018)
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) provider through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Instructor of:
- PREGNANCY MASSAGE BASICS – for ALL massage therapists.
- MATERNITY MASSAGE CERTIFICATION – LEVEL 1 – for massage therapists who want to SPECIALIZE in prenatal massage.
- Leslie Stager RN, LMT
- Author of Nurturing Massage for Pregnancy: A Practical Guide to Bodywork for the Perinatal Cycle (2009 Lippincott)
- Instructor for Mastering Pregnancy Massage (2006)
- Co- producer of MotherTouch: Nurturing Touch for Birth, and Touch Techniques for Birth (2008)
Connecting the Elevator
The Elevator attaches to the bodyCushion side handles with hook and loop straps, providing reliable support. Overall, the Elevator raises the bodyCushion two and a half inches. No adjustment of the Elevator is necessary.
You can adjust the separation of the Pelvic Support from the Chest Support of the bodyCushion to accommodate the growing baby.
Face Crescent Cotton Covers are available in packages of 8.
- Face Support
- breastProtector Chest Support
- Pelvic Support
- 1-Piece Leg Support
- bodyCushion Elevator (Face, Chest & Pelvic)
- 4-Piece bodyCushion Cotton Covers (Light Blue)
- 3-year bodyCushion vinyl warranty
- 10-year bodyCushion "Lifetime Foam" warranty
- Original bodyCushion - Slate Blue
- bodyCushion Elevator - Black
- 3-Piece bodyCushion: L.W.H. (42-45" x 19" x 5")
- 1-Piece Leg Support: L.W.H. (24" x 11" x 5")
- bodyCushion Elevator: L.W.H. (42" x 19" x 2.5")
Handcrafted in Ashland, OR